1) I am down to just two to-do lists!
2) I’ll be down to one once I get the airport this afternoon!
3) I’m pretty sure these lists suck though since I couldn’t think of anything to add to my “Chicago To Do” until this morning.
4) And I’m unsure of how to cross off “call sitter – figure out when we need her” because
5) We came home to Spike having bloody, hard to pass urine.
6) I don’t blame her for that, but on the other hand obviously having someone stop in was not as soothing to him as previously thought. (We have a huge water fountain, automatic feeders, and two huge + 1 regular litter boxes, so leaving the cats to fend for themselves for 1-2 days is often a valid choice)
7) It was stressful to have him prescribed twice-a-day meds less than 24 hours before I had to drive up to Gainesville. I managed to time it out to dose him 7 hours apart. Then I thought about him constantly while going over medical paperwork with Grandma.
8) But I came home to non-bloody urine in the kitchen sink which was awesome because
9) Hello, not bloody. And
10) He’d been peeing bloody urine in the bathroom sink which is easier to jump up to. So he must be feeling better to reach the kitchen counter!
11) What with me leaving on a Thursday and not returning until Tuesday, Tom and I will go almost 2 weeks without seeing each other.
12) And then someone has to go get the dog which we could do together but would mean leaving Spike alone and I will not be sold on that idea until I get back next week.
13) I could in theory drive up and get the dog after driving straight from Gainesville from the airport (OK, not literally. But almost) to take my grandmother for her surgeon consult.
14) Just typing it makes my blood pressure rise.
15) I have evidently become a huge wimp. Because that just described at most 14 hours of travel spanned out over 4 days with almost bat-shit else to do in between. (Although it does mean another 4 days straight away from home which is a little stressful what with the peeing and all.)
16) In all fairness, I have always been a huge wimp. I am a fan of incremental planning. If I were building the great wall of China, I would not make a picture of the entire wall. I’d offer up 5 feet and let them know how much I could do in the next progress report.
17) This is why I never want to become a manager. I am not a “Big Picture” person. I like the trees, not the forest.
18) I also like actually doing things versus sitting around feeling accomplished because other people are doing things.
19) I think I’m a little scared that I’ll be sad going to the farm and Dad’s not there.
20) No good segue to that one. Took me 19 fucking lines to figure out that was bothering me so once I got there, I ran with it.
21) It’s silly to be scared about being sad and I’m fine with being sad because I’m a late-mourner so I’m aware I haven’t full taken-in what his death means to me, but I just don’t want to have it all come out on my mom.
22) She’s probably a little bummed herself and doesn’t need that shit.
23) In general I haven’t been psyched about this trip, so hopefully that means it will be kick-ass. I’ve rarely not had fun that the farm.
24) At least I’m pretty sure I won’t have to sleep on any down pillows that cause my sinus infection to return. Thank you, hotel check-in preferences, for proving how useless you really are.
25) I packed some of that super-duper decongestant just in case.
26) Time for lunch! Gotta love cleaning out the fridge. Think I should down the last glass of wine?
27) The cats might knock it off the counter otherwise.
28) Ya know, when they’re trying to pee.
29) Argh. Also, meh. (So I guess I’ll have some whine after all! WHY must we just have put down our most unhealthiest, neediest cat only to have another one take her place? Spike isn’t even 5! Stop peeing like an old man!)
30) In another segue-less point (which, isn’t that why this is a list? To be able to spew the randoms without the need for connectivity?), while I haven’t been able to lose more weight this month I seem to be doing a good job holding steady.
31) And having this much time off makes me realize how crazy my old workout routine was.
32) So I am looking forward to a new, slightly less-insane, plan of attack for June.
33) It does help to pack my skinniest pair of jeans and wear them often. They are not quite so bad that I can’t breath while sitting down, but I definitely don’t think of them as “eatin’ pants”.
34) Sadly, a lot of my other pants fall in that category because I’m too cheap to buy in-between pants.
35) So I’d better get off my ass and lose the rest of this weight so I can buy some damn pants that fit.
36) Maybe next time I write I’ll share, “Farming, how to lose 15 lbs in a week!”
37) Or maybe not. But I am trying to figure out how to bring protein powder in my luggage without getting a narcotics rap.
38) Until I’m done with farming or my jail time, watch out for bloody urine, down pillows, and eatin’ pants! Downfalls of civilization, I tell ya!