Things I received yesterday:
1) Phone call from friend begging off on a movie (blessing in disguise as I was wondering how to explain I’d gotten back in my PJs and they weren’t coming off for anything. Nope, not even for …well, maybe.)
2) Email from the certain boy, who remembered I’m coming to town and said “at the very least” he’d like to get together for coffee. I’m tempted to ask what is on the other end of the spectrum. Partially just to be contrary and make him uncomfortable. “At the very most”, will he take me across the state line to see friends/family, make sure I get snow, give me the tour two months late? Yes, yes, I know. Coffee’s safer.
3) CD I ordered after reading someone’s journal. I listened to it while cleaning the kitchen last night. (And it’s on right now) Makes me wish I lived in NYC and could see him perform live.
4) Christmas card from my parents. Every year my mother (an artist) creates a new linoleum block print and makes the cards herself. This year it is a dog on a sled.
5) Email from a friend whom I haven’t seen in years, letting everyone know that her husband is being deployed. Although I was never bestest bosom buddies with E, I had the sense that life hadn’t always treated her well. I understand she’s been very happy with married life, they were even trying for a kid. I wish I were there to hug her.
6) Pedicure, from myself. First one since before the wedding. I feel pretty.
Errands exhausted me yesterday. I was pretty impressed that I managed to clean the kitchen and bathroom later on. I was sad that on the three TV channels I get, only one had anything Christmas-y on. And that was only after 9pm, and it was only National Lampoon’s Christmas.
I’m looking forward to my trip even more now. And not because of the boy, I haven’t decided how I feel about that.
This past Sunday showed me how much I need a break. I was struck with Sunday panic last night, not because it was the end of the weekend and I hadn’t accomplished my to-do list, but because I wasn’t finished “not doing”. I wasn’t done walking aimlessly around my apartment, picking up a book for a few pages, napping, grabbing a stack of crackers to munch, sitting on the floor with the cats, shuffling papers or making tea.
Can I call in Sunday tomorrow?